Ambassador Communication Guide
Click one of the social media icons above to see tips, tricks, and sample posts to get you well on your way to mastering being a Give Day Ambassador
Looking to harness the power of visual communication? Take advantage of the ability to communicate with potential supporters with impactful images and catchy captions.
Follow @LutherSeminary on Instagram.
Connect your Instagram and Facebook accounts. Make sure that your Instagram posts are automatically posted on Facebook. Connecting Facebook and Instagram harnesses the power of both social media platforms at once and allows you to reach a wider audience.
Find powerful images. People-centric, positive images will help you draw in new followers. Focus on sharing images that speak to your organization’s mission and your target audience. Canva.com is a great way to take your own photographs or a stock image to the next level. If you want to include important dates, statistics, or quotes, Canva lets you add text right on top of the image as well as provides you with a suite of photo editing tools.
Socialize! Like other supporters’ posts, and consider re-sharing posts that stand out and speak to your cause. Showcasing the stories and individuals that propel the mission of Give Day will help you gain more followers, recognition, and traction in advance of Give Day.
Use #LSGiveDay and #GiveItBack, in addition to other creative hashtags. 2-3 hashtags per post is the sweet spot. Start with a branded or specific hashtag - like a tagline or fun phrase. Follow this with why you support the Sustaining Fund, then a broader hashtag tied to the cause (i.e., #spreadingthelove). Having a succession of hashtags helps with branding!
Create a regular schedule for posting. We recommend posting at least 2-3 times per week to stay in your followers' feeds! If you integrate your Instagram posts with Facebook, you’ll want to consider how your Instagram posts will fit in with your other scheduled Facebook posts. Consider making posts that show a chronological history of Luther Seminary, if applicable.
Have fun! Instagram is a really playful platform, and the perfect opportunity to let the unique personalities, humor, and convictions of Luther Seminary shine through your photos, captions, and hashtags! Instagram is a fantastic opportunity to relate to your supporters, showing them who you are and what you stand for.
Want to quickly engage donors and share information about your fundraising efforts? Twitter is instant and efficient!
Below you will find a few tips to help you have success.
Follow @LutherSeminary’s Twitter account.
Tell your followers that you are fundraising for Give Day. Tell your followers about why you support the Sustaining Fund and begin to build a story around that. Use some of the suggested tweets provided below.
Use #hashtags and @handles. Whenever you share information include the @LutherSeminary handle and #LSGiveDay and #GiveItBack to further spread the word. Show that you are a part of Give Day by using the hashtags in all of your tweets.
Don’t just follow! Become a part of the conversation. Let people know that you are out there and engaged. Respond to tweets like you are holding a conversation. You never know where this may lead.
Share pictures, videos and interesting content. Twitter is not just about your ‘words’. Pictures and videos draw people in, and sharing interesting articles about what you and others are doing shows that you are part of a community.
Tweet, retweet and tweet again (especially during Give Day)!
Sample Twitter Posts
- Are you ready to be a part of Give Day? It’s a day to celebrate all the ways we can #GiveItBack on Give Day! #LSGiveDay
- Mark your calendars for September 21st. It will be a day for everyone to support Give Day. You can find my fundraiser page at [LINK TO FUNDRAISER PAGE]! #LSGiveDay #GiveItBack
- On September 21st, help us celebrate Give Day by supporting my fundraiser at [LINK TO FUNDRAISER PAGE]! #LSGiveDay GiveItBack
- Get pumped for Give Day! Join the conversation by following @LutherSeminary and retweeting any #LSGiveDay GiveItBack posts!
- Get ready to get up and give for Give Day on September 21st! Follow @LutherSeminary to stay updated on the giving movement!
- A little can go a long way when we get together and give together on September 21st for Luther Seminary's Give Day! [LINK TO FUNDRAISER PAGE] #LSGiveDay GiveItBack
Looking to get the word out with Facebook? This guide will help you get started and on the road to creating a successful strategy.
Below is a list of ways you can begin engaging your community for Give Day!
Talk it up! Post interesting information about why you support the Sustaining Fund and share success stories and photos. Ask your followers questions to engage them in dialogue. Remember to keep posts brief! You don’t want to lose your audience by presenting lengthy updates.
Tell everyone that the Sustaining Fund you are supporting is a part of Luther Seminary's Give Day. Be sure to tell people what it is all about. Let them know how they can donate and ask them to spread the word as well.
Create a Facebook event. Invite your community to be part of Give Day so that they can be reminded as the day gets closer AND see who else is participating. Also, tell people to invite others. It doesn’t matter whether or not you are hosting an event onsite; the whole event is worth celebration!
Sample Facebook Posts
- Save the date: Give Day is September 21st! You can #GiveItBack be part of the celebration by making a Give Day gift today. Visit giveday.luthersem.edu to find out more.
- The real success of Give Day will not be how much money we raise but the tremendous impact those dollars will have when Luther Seminary puts them to work! Join the giving on September 21st at giveday.luthersem.edu.
- Let’s show Luther Seminary that we are full of generosity! On September 21st, help us celebrate Give Day and continue to equip our pastors and Christian leaders with the tools and support they need to lead faithful innovation for the sake of the gospel of Jesus Christ in a rapidly changing world.
- I'm so excited to support Luther Seminary's Give Day! You can equip Christian leaders by visiting my fundraiser page at [LINK TO FUNDRAISER PAGE] and donating on September 21st.
- On September 21st, give where your heart is! To support my fundraiser for Give Day, go to [LINK TO FUNDRAISER PAGE].
See templates ▼
Click the icon above to see sample emails to send to your network before, during, and after Give Day
You can use these email templates to reach out to your personal network and spread the word about your fundraiser. Just copy and paste the text below into your email client and add some personal flair to make it your own!
Before Give Day
Subject: Join me in Supporting Luther Seminary's Give Day
Hi [FIRST NAME],
I am excited to announce that I am supporting Luther Seminary during Give Day by taking on the role of a fundraising ambassador. Learn more about Give Day at giveday.luthersem.edu.
My fundraising will specifically help the Sustaining fund to [OBJECTIVE - take from Give Day theme and speak from your own perspective]!
[YOUR FUNDRAISER STORY: Why are you fundraising? What impact has Luther Seminary had on you?]
Thank you for supporting me and the Sustaining Fund at Luther Seminary!
Subject: I Need Your Help!
Hi [first name],
Luther Seminary's Give Day is only [DAYS UNTIL Give Day] days away. Our whole community is participating in this celebration and I want to support them on September 21st. I need you help to make a difference!
Your contributions can make a big impact on Christian leaders everywhere with gifts to the Sustaining Fund:
● One pastor who recently received coaching and continuing education through Faith+Lead said, "I was feeling so burnt out in ministry. Through the help of other pastors, and the coaching I received, I learned a more effective model of leadership, which is making all the difference in my personal life, and in the life of the church and community. I am excited about ministry, once again."
● Faith+Lead provides an opportunity for spiritual growth and renewal, as well as a sense of grounding in faith. One pastor who participated in the faithful innovation course shared, "When I read my Bible now, I see new things and gain new insights. The program has been a boost to my spiritual life, and I am experiencing spiritual growth as a result."
Together we can make a difference. Visit [LINK TO FUNDRAISING PAGE] to support me and the Sustaining Fund at Luther Seminary!
During Give Day
Subject: Give Day is here - Support the Sustaining Fund at Luther Seminary
TODAY is the day! It’s September 21st, so the time to give is now. My goal is to raise $[YOUR FUNDRAISER GOAL] in support of the Sustaining Fund, but I can’t reach my goal alone.
Please join me in supporting the Sustaining Fund to [OBJECTIVE - take from the Give Day theme and speak from your own perspective] by visiting my fundraising page at: [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK].
If you’ve already donated, thank you so much for your support! I hope you’ll consider sharing my fundraising page with your friends and family on social media to get the word out about Give Day and the difference they make to our community!
Subject: Only a few more hours left to give!
Can you believe Give Day is almost over? With [$ AMOUNT YOU’VE RAISED SO FAR] already raised for the Sustaining Fund, I am proud of my impact as a fundraising ambassador!
I am so thankful for the support of my community throughout this day - but the giving isn’t over yet! Visit my fundraising page at [FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK] and make a contribution to help me reach my goal.
You can also show your support by sharing my fundraising page with your friends and family on social media!
Thank you again!
After Give Day
Subject: Thank you
Thank you so much for all of your support during Give Day. Because of you, I was able to raise $[AMOUNT RAISED IN YOUR FUNDRAISER] for the Sustaining Fund at Luther Seminary! Together, we made a difference.